Samstag, 3. Januar 2009

*Weird Hair Colors and Butch Cuts*

I decided to take this draft out of retirement today (I checked, and it was started on the third of January, 2008) because JEM at American Dresdner wrote about it here. I would have posted it earlier as it seems like such a dominant quirk, but I was too wussy to take pictures. Lucky for me, JEM has no fear.

It is true, I see so many weird hair colors and cuts here. I think the ladies' butch cuts shocked me a lot more last year than they do now, but the color still gets to me--it's like the chunks of crimson that were in during 2002. The only thing I can add to JEM's post is that the colors people choose might seem semi-normal for punky teenagers, but to see them repeatedly being used on women over 30 who consider it respectable . . . I just don't get it. If my mom were to dye her hair purply I would not be able to keep from laughing, and she would not be able to keep from hiding from the world. But if she were to do the same in Germany, it would be normal. Weird.

Keine Kommentare:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...